Installer can't find JRE - with or without VM

Hi all,
I'm trying to install 2_0u14 to a FreeBSD workstation. I have Java installed:
> java -version
openjdk version "1.6.0_32"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_32-b27)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

but both installers (2_0u14.bin and 2_0u14_NoVM.bin) can't seem to find the JRE included with OpenJDK. From what I can determine, there isn't a jre executable in my $PATH, but that shouldn't be a problem for the VM-included .bin, right?

Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks for your time.


Hi all, updating the $PATH

Hi all,

updating the $PATH variable solved the problem.

However, there is a bug in that if incorrect values are entered in the Connect To A Database form, there's no way to modify the incorrect values. [1] There doesn't seem to be any way to submit a bug report via the UI - nothing happens when I click the "Submit Bug Report" button.

I'll re-install the application.
[1] Error connecting to database: database type is not supported.
org.archiviststoolkit.exceptions.UnsupportedDatabaseType: database type is not supported.
at org.archiviststoolkit.hibernate.SessionFactory.setDatabaseType(
at org.archiviststoolkit.util.UserPreferences.updateSessionFactoryInfo(
at org.archiviststoolkit.Main.main(
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)

Re: updating the $PATH (CanOfBees)


You should use Oracle JRE, not OpenJDK.
As for the 'error connecting to database: database type not supported' message, see how to fix at

Best wishes,

RE atdbinfo.txt and non-Windows/Mac systems

Hi Annie -
I can work on getting the Oracle JRE installed. Also, thanks for the link; unfortunately, it doesn't give much information that's applicable to this case.

I've removed the atbdinfo.txt, but from the information on the link I assume that there's at least one more file somewhere else. Do you have any ideas as to what the file name would be on a Linux/Unix system? While I can grep through my home directory, I'm not sure about a target string.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi, In addition to deleting


In addition to deleting the atdbinfo.txt file, also remove the AT entry in the system registry, if there is one. For exmaple, on windows machines it's located at:
Find the system registry go to the ‘Start’ button and type ‘regedit’ and hit ‘Enter.’

Once it has been deleted, restart the Toolkit and re-enter the connection settings (either for the database you set up or for the AT Sandbox).
You might also consider using the AT internal database option to evaluate the AT (or production if single user environment). The internal database provides a better method for testing the AT application since it better approximates the user experience than do the AT sandboxes. Information on how to set up and how to use the internal database option can be found at:


Linux/Unix prefs.xml file location

Caveat: this will probably be a distro-specific fix, but hopefully this will get you started if you're stuck.

For others who may encounter a similar problem, I found the offending prefs.xml file along the following directory path:

Hi Annie -
thanks for the suggestion re the internal database. We have AT in production and 99% of our users are quite pleased with it. I've had some problems with connectivity; however I'm the exception & not the rule.


CoB-- Thanks for sharing your

Thanks for sharing your fix for problem -- will be helpful to others. And happy to hear AT is working well for you.

Best wishes,